The fellow will receive a salary stipend of $35,000; medical, dental, and vision benefits; sick leave; and a continuing education stipend covering state and national licensure dues and appropriate continuing education activities consistent with all Vail-Summit Orthopaedic Foundation employees.
To ensure athletic training fellows have a sufficient understanding of the fellowship expectations and time commitment required to successfully complete the Vail-Summit Orthopaedics Athletic Training Fellowship program.
- AT fellows must fully participate in all required didactic and clinical experiences.
- If an AT fellow is unable to attend any didactic or clinical experiences, due to illness, travel, etc., a written request must be submitted to the Fellowship Program Director and Fellowship Medical Director for approval.
- AT fellows must maintain minimum requirements on all fellowship expectations and evaluations pertaining to each rotation within the Vail-Summit Orthopaedics Athletic Training Fellowship program.
- If at any time an AT fellow is evaluated as “unsatisfactory” within any rotation, the AT fellow and Fellowship Director will meet weekly to determine and implement educational steps and actions required to obtain “satisfactory” status.
- AT fellows must adhere to the Vail-Summit Orthopaedics Athletic Training Fellowship mission and the VSO Clinic values.
- AT fellows are introduced to our mission and values through new employee orientation and evaluated continuously throughout their fellowship.
- AT fellows must adhere to policy and procedures set forth in the Vail-Summit Orthopaedics Athletic Training Fellowship and VSO handbooks.
- Disciplinary actions are consistent with VSO HR policies.