Fellows at Vail-Summit Orthopaedics will gain an extraordinary advantage in their field as beneficiaries of the knowledge, experience, and mentorship of our uniquely skilled providers. A renowned leader in orthopaedics and sports medicine, Vail-Summit Orthopaedics is truly set apart:
- VSO was the first orthopaedic practice in the Vail Valley area, opening its doors in 1979.
- Four VSO doctors are credentialed sports medicine providers for the USOC and Women’s US Ski Team, including coverage for four consecutive Winter Olympic Games.
- Seven VSO doctors are fellowship-trained in orthopaedics/sports medicine.
- Nine VSO certified athletic trainers have completed an athletic training fellowship/residency program.
- Official medical group for Team Summit, who trains Olympic hopefuls.
- VSO serves extreme, competitive, and recreational athletes in the “healthiest place in America,” according to a November 2017 article in Business Insider.
- VSO doctors routinely provide care on medical missions in developing nations.
- St. Anthony Summit Medical Center, where VSO takes up to 90% of the orthopaedic trauma call, has earned The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for orthopaedic trauma by demonstrating compliance with The Joint Commission's national standards for healthcare quality and safety for disease-specific care.
- Vail Health Hospital, where VSO takes orthopaedic trauma call, received the 2015 Women's Choice Award® for America's Best Hospitals for Orthopedics.